MATRIX 502 is compacted and finished leveñ to the existing pavement surface to give a smooth noise-fee ride. This system is applicated up to 50mm of movement in isostatic bridge with gap of 20-40 mts.
Modular Joints with movement capacities up to 127mm and the Modular Expansion Joint with movement capacities up to 1000mm.
We also invite you to see...
We represent in Mexico
THE D.S. BROWN COMPANY
and MAURER SÖHN .
The MATRIX 502 seals offer an absolutely watertight seal, protecting not only the joint but also the bearings placed down them against the harmful effects of humidity.
The MATRIX 502 joints are, because of their composition (mixture between black granite and polimeric agglutinate), a less susceptible joint to get harmed by effects caused by structural movements, vehicular traffic and also by weather conditions.
The MATRIX 502 special composition offers a capacity of movement (contraction, and max. expansion) of 50 mm.
The cost per lineal meter of the MATRIX 502 is less than other type of joints that has been proofed to protect also the seal against the harmful effects of humidity.
With a group of six workers 12 lineal meters of the MATRIX 502 can be installed in one day without the interruption of the vehicle traffic.
In case the Matrix 502 Joints should be repaired, it can be made very easy as also the cost and time are reduced so the traffic has to be interrupted in a very short time.
Easy adjustment by repaving work
If repaving works are done without removing the existing pavement, it is enough to increase the thickness of the MATRIX 502 joint with the new pavement applying a treatment that consists of the MATRIX D aggregate.
The MATRIX 502 can be used for concrete pavements as also for asphaltic pavements and can be installed in all existing structures that require joint repair and which have small movements and bridges with a span of 20 to 40 mts.
No need of work plans for fabrication and installation
There is no need of work plans. MATRIX 502 is a mixture done by job site, applied in hot and easy to modify if it is requiered.
MATRIX 502 Polymer Cementing Material
Special formula made of modified thermoplastic polymer and certified by the ASTM norms.
MATRIX SBG aggregate
Black granite with a special grain size. The special mixture between aggregate and the polymer cementing material make the joint specially resistant to wear away.
MATRIX D aggregate
This kind of treatment helps to prevent the skidding and slipping of cars as also increases the joint service life.
MATRIX D primary
Applied on the whole surface increases the properties of adhesion of the polymer cementing material.
Encased flashing made of steel plates
These encased flashing avoid risks to fissures of the joint.
- Concrete platforms (short span between 20 - 40 mts.)
- Slabs on:
Presstressed concrete beams
Joints near fixed or mobile supports like piers or standing piers.
Joints with variations (expansion) up to 50mm
The MATRIX 502 can be used for any kind of pavement. The surface can be hidraulic concrete or asphaltic.
The MATRIX 502 has to be installed in a space with at least 5cm depth.
Installation procedure of new bridges or bridges repair.
- The paving works must be finished.
- A 5cm deep and 50cm wide cut a long the joint must be done.
- The surface must be cleaned with the torch with hot compressed air.
- The backer rod has to be placed in the opening.
- The MATRIX PRIMER must be put on the whole surface.
- The MATRIX adhesive has to be warmed up and placed on the whole surface.
- Put both the steel sections centered in the opening and bond them with the
MATRIX adhesive again.
- Once the MATRIX 502 Polymer Cementing Material is ready fill the spaces between the steel sections and the whole opening.
- After the MATRIX 502 Polymer Cementing Material has filled out the opening, it has to be compacted until it reaches the necessary height.
- At last, the MATRIX D aggregate can be put on the joint.